If you are always on the go, there are probably situations when you don’t have time to give your AirPods case a full charge before heading out the door. So, what happens when your case is dead? Will your AirPods still work without it?
As a general rule, AirPods will work if the case is dead, so long as the AirPods are charged and are already paired with a device. If the AirPods are not paired with a device, they will not work if the case is dead since the case is required for the set-up process.
Whether you rely on your AirPods to get you through your commute or you’re using them in the gym during workouts, you want to make sure that they have a good charge so that they don’t die on you while in use. Keep reading to find out if your AirPods can work when the case is dead, and what to do when they won’t.
Can You Sill Use AirPods If the Case is Dead?
If you are out and you realize that your case is dead, don’t panic. While it can be a bit upsetting to find out that you can’t recharge your AirPods, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t use them.
As long as your AirPods are charged and paired with your device, you shouldn’t have an issue getting them to work. However, once the charge runs out you will have to charge your case before your AirPods will work again.
Another issue that might arise is if you are trying to pair them with another device. Unfortunately, if your AirPods aren’t paired or you are hoping to pair them to a different device, you won’t be able to do so without the case. That is because AirPods require a case for the initial connection to any device.
Will AirPods Work Without a Case?
Maybe your case isn’t lacking a charge but has just stopped working altogether. Will your AirPods still work without a case?
While this can be cause for concern, AirPods will continue to work until the battery runs out. However, once that happens you will need a case to get them charged up again.
The good news is that you aren’t stuck with the case that came with your AirPods. AirPods can be paired with any case as long as they’re compatible. If your case is completely dead or you’ve misplaced it somewhere, you can easily get a replacement.
What Are the Best Charging Cases for AirPods?
If your AirPods case is dead, you might be on the hunt for a case that you know will withstand daily wear and tear and still hold a solid change. Here are some of the best charging cases for AirPods to consider:
- Apple wireless charging case: The original Apple case is still the best option when it comes to AirPods. Plus, you won’t have to worry about whether or not the case is compatible with your earbuds.
- Wireless charging case from JinStyles: This case only needs 15 minutes to give you 3 hours of listening time. Plus, it comes in several colors unlike some of the other options.
- Pennant Patches wireless charging case: This case is the best for a quick charge. It can charge your earbuds in just 20 minutes and provide up to 5 full charges before it needs to be fueled up again.
- CIVPOWER wireless charging case: This charging case comes in both purple and white, and has the capacity to charge your earbuds to full battery up to 5 times.
- Chillyfar replacement case for Airpods: With lightning-fast charging and QI wireless compatibility, this is a great replacement if your original AirPods case stops working.
- Wireless charging case from CCAN: The built-in 600 mAh battery in this case provides over 24 hours of charging capability with high-quality protection.
- TNGHz wireless charging case: Charges headphone in 20 minutes for 8 hours of listening time. The 600 mAh battery can reach full charge in 3 hours.
Regardless of which case you choose, you’ll want to look for something that is comparable to the original case in terms of holding charge. If your concern is how long you case can go without being charged, look for one with at least a 450 or 600 mAh battery.
Related Content: Do AirPods Work With PS5?
If you had any concerns about your AirPods working when your case is dead, this article should’ve helped clear that up. While the case doesn’t necessarily have to have a charge for your AirPods to work, it’s a good idea to have a reliable case that can recharge your earbuds when needed.